|NEW ZEALAND'S EDUCATION
Industry training systems in other jurisdictions
Purpose of report
1. This report summarises industry training and vocational education systems in other countries. It provides information on government-subsidised industry training systems in:
- United Kingdom (England and Scotland)
- Republic of Ireland
- British Columbia
2. We chose these countries to provide a cross-section of different systems. Australia, the UK and Ireland are anglophone countries that we often compare ourselves to. France, Germany and Norway all have quite different systems to New Zealand‟s. British Columbia adopted and adapted the New Zealand system.
3. The country descriptions and analyses are attached as appendices to this report. The first appendix is a series of summary tables that compares the systems.
4. This report and its appendices highlight the strengths and weaknesses of these systems in relation to New Zealand‟s system of industry training.
For more information visit The Ministry of Education.