Accommodation at Living Springs
- Twin/Double Rooms (Sleep 30)
- The rooms are comfortable and modern and can be fully serviced for your convenience. There are 14 twin / double rooms in this facility, sleeping 30 people in total. Bathroom facilities are shared. Harbour View also includes 4 rooms with wheelchair access, plus a shared disabled bathroom.
- Shared/Bunk (Sleep 134)
- Each Bunkhouse has separate rooms with bunks in each, as well as a room with twin beds for parents, teachers or leaders. These Bunkhouses are warm and comfortable, and conveniently located beside the main building which houses the dining facilities.
OCC (Outdoor Camping Centre)
- Outdoor Camping Centre (OCC) (Sleeps 100+)
- The Camping Centre has shower and toilet facilities and a kitchen/dining area (containing basic utensils). There are sites for approx. 30 tents, plus 18 powered sites. 3 person tents are available for hire from Living Springs.
Corporate and Team Building functions
We specialise in running day or two day team-building experiences. We will assist you in creating an exciting programme for your group complimented with catering that is top-class. Our chef knows exactly what culinary delights satisfies a corporate group, especially after a day of team-building exercises. From banquets to barbeques and brunches, just ask and we will accommodate.
E.O.T.C. and Team Building Activities
We specialise in Education Outside the Classroom, with highly trained and qualified instructors on staff. We can personally assist youto develope a programme that will meet all of your requirements as well as creating memories to last a life time.
Land based - Off ground activities
- Tree climbing - Challenge yourself by scaling our giant Macrocarpa tree's complete with climbing holds.
- Lower crag climbing -Our lower climbing crag offers a safe and superb venue for half day experiences on a real rock crag.
- Boulder wall - Our purpose built indoor climbing wall is a great opportunity to learn the skills needed for climbing outdoors.
- Crate stack - Stack the crates underneath your own feet as you climb up your own hand made tower!
Land based - On ground activities
- Initiatives course - It's up to the individuals or the team to think their way through the twelve different challenges within our initiatives course.
- Low ropes course - An outdoor centre wouldn't be complete without a low ropes course to set all types of different individual or team challenges for people to get through.
- Indoor initiatives - Indoor initiatives will test your group in small teams to see if they can think their way out of the challenges that are given to them.
- Archery - Join us in our natural amphitheatre archery range to practise your skills with a long bow.
- Rifles - Test your marksmanship set in the same natural amphitheatre as the archery range.
- Outdoor living skills - From shelter building, fire making to bridge & stretcher building you will practise and start to learn all the new skills you need to survive in the great outdoors
Land based - Group based activities
- Recreation - This includes our famous monorail, the very popular balance bikes, and all our old favourites such as the flying fox, rope swing, trampolines and mini golf.
- Off road go-karts - One of our old activities has come back. Only with new better karts and this time... it's off road!
- Farm Park -Pony rides, tractor and chariot rides, cow milking, sheep shearing and animal feeding there's always plenty to keep everyone entertained and for them to learn what happens on our working farm.
- Adventure stream - Make your way up or down our own mini canyoning trip!
- Walk in from Governors Bay - Have one of our qualified instructors walk you into Living Springs rather than just turning up by bus and along the way learn about the history of the area.
- Animal survival - One of our most popular activities with the younger groups, learn about the food chain and the natural environment whilst playing a giant game of tag crossed with orienteering. A must for any group wishing to learn about our natural world.
Water based activities
Swimming pool - Our indoor heated pool is perfect for swimming lessons or just playing around having fun!
Paddleboarding - A newer activity at Living Springs, take a paddle out with some of the only qualified paddleboard instructors and only surf NZ approved paddleboard school in south island our partners Christchurch Paddleboarding.
Sea kayaking - Perfect for groups looking for anything from short half day trips to overnight expeditions.
Evening/night time activities
Bivy overnight - More suited to older groups, pitch your wits against the elements and see what you can build to stay in overnight.
Parachute games - With the hundreds of different games you can play with our giant purpose built .
Spotlight/colours - Brilliant outdoor games to run out the last bit of energy for the evening for the day in what are all different versions of tag.
Outdoor cooking - Often completed with groups staying over at the bush camp.
Geology - Used as an activity during the day or in the evening our geology talk will be an interactive experience where we will show you the ins and outs of our local surroundings, how we get our water on camp and why we are called Living Springs.
Please note we are currently developing many other environmental based sessions, if you have any specific requests please contact us and we will endeavour to provide exactly what you want.
Living Springs Kids Camp gives children an experience they will not forget. Packed with fun activities, friendships are formed and memories made. The Leaders are committed to giving their all to the week. Built on Christian foundations, the camp has become a tradition and has a positive influence on young lives encouraging them to take on life's challenges.
Our camps are held for one week during every school holidays.