What is ACG?
Outstanding educational services with proven quality and results
ACG (Academic Colleges Group) is New Zealand’s largest provider of private school education, university pathways and tertiary skills-focused career programmes.
Today ACG comprises 15 schools and tertiary colleges in three countries and offers a wide range of academic and career pathways.
Each year, ACG welcomes over 2,500 international students from approximately 50 different countries to its schools and colleges.
ACG programmes consist of:
- Preschool/kindergarten, primary, middle and senior school education
- English language courses
- University foundation studies
- Certificate, diplomas and degrees in Graphic Design, Digital Media, Web Development, Filmmaking, Animation, Game Art, 3D Graphics, Business, Health, Early Childhood Education, Hospitality, Cookery, Retail, Contact Centre, Construction and Trades,Tourism and Travel.
Our efforts to cater for the needs of the individual have seen us develop a range of schools for young people and their families who have put their trust in us to provide a first-class education.
ACG Schools and Colleges are all co-educational and share common values and philosophies. They offer the best educational pathways leading to respected universities.
ACG is also part of a worldwide network of schools that are connected to the University of Cambridge and the International Baccalaureate associations through their international examination programmes.
At a glance:
SCHOOL EDUCATION: Kindergarten to Year 13; Cambridge International & IB
- Six schools in New Zealand
- ACG Parnell College: Primary, middle and senior school; Years 1 to 13
- ACG Senior College: Offering both the International Baccalaureate (Pre-IB and IB Diploma) and Cambridge International Examinations (IGCSE and A Levels); Years 11 to 13
- ACG Strathallan: Kindergarten, primary, middle and senior school; Years 1 to 13
- ACG Sunderland: Kindergarten, primary, middle and senior school; Years 1 to 13
- ACG Tauranga: Primary, middle and senior school; Years 1 to 13
- Zig Zag Zoo: Early Learning Centre for all infants and children
- Two international schools
- ACG School Jakarta (Indonesia): Kindergarten, primary, middle and senior school; Years 1 to 13
- Australian International School Vietnam: Kindergarten, primary, middle and senior school; Years 1 to 13
ACG is New Zealand’s largest provider of quality private school education. In Auckland, almost 20% of all private school students attend an ACG School.
All ACG Schools offer the University of Cambridge International Examinations: IGCSE, AS and A-Levels. ACG Senior College also offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. These qualifications are internationally recognised and accepted by respected universities worldwide.
A clear focus on academic outcomes has enabled ACG students to achieve over 270 Top in the World and Top in New Zealand Cambridge International Examination awards.
English language support is available at all ACG Schools.
Cambridge International –
A Level Pass Rates 2015
ACG Parnell College
ACG Senior College
ACG Schools offer a number of benefits to students:
- Internationally recognised qualifications
Accepted, respected and understood by schools and universities worldwide.
- A clear focus on academic achievement
In a learning environment where each student is nurtured and challenged by ACG’s experienced and committed staff.
- A personalised learning experience
Where each student is valued and each student’s accomplishments are recognised.
Where each student receives assistance and encouragement to set goals and evaluate achievements.
ACG Schools have longer lessons (70 to 85 minutes), to ensure individual attention and a variety of learning experiences.
- An online learning system
ACG Schools use Blackboard online learning, through which unique and specific course and subject resources support the development of each student while allowing for parent access and oversight.
- Convenient locations in Auckland
With four ACG Schools strategically located around the city, there is one within easy reach for students in any area. Where Auckland transport services are limited, ACG Schools offer dedicated bus services to make access safe and convenient.
ACG Schools’ key facts:
- All ACG Schools are co-educational and offer English language support
- ACG caters for all ages, from kindergarten to Year 13
- A strong focus on academic achievement in each school
- Participation in extra-curricular activities is encouraged and sporting success celebrated
- The school year runs from late January to early December and is divided into four terms with 2 to 3-week holiday between each and a longer break of 8 weeks over the New Zealand summer
- ACG Senior College offers the IB Diploma Programme in addition to Cambridge International curriculum
- The IB Diploma academic year runs from July to June
- Uniforms are worn by all ACG students except at Year 13 and those enrolled at ACG Senior College.
ENGLISH COURSES AND UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION STUDIES
- ACG English School: One of New Zealand’s leading language schools, ACG English School delivers Intensive Academic English courses designed to meet the needs of our students. We aim to maximise student progress and achievement by equipping students with the English skills that best prepare them for further study.
ACG English School is located at 345 Queen Street in central Auckland. The central location means easy access to public transport and a number of nearby accommodation options. The campus is fully equipped with modern air-conditioned classrooms, computer rooms, a student common room, a library and a cafeteria.
A range of optional activities is offered outside the school day to expand the experiences of ACG English School students in New Zealand.
- The University of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies: 8, 12 and 18-month programmes with guaranteed entry to the University of Auckland and accepted by all New Zealand and Australian universities.
The programme offers a choice of subjects including Accounting, Economics, Calculus, Statistics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography, Design Photography, Painting, Art History and Music.
A special programme of English for Academic Purposes and Study & Information Skills prepares students for study at university.
The University of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies is delivered by ACG New Zealand International College.
- AUT University International Certificate in Foundation Studies: 6, 8, 12 and 15-month programmes with guaranteed entry to AUT University and accepted by all New Zealand and Australian technology universities. Since 2003, 95% of students who completed the Certificate have received confirmed offers of place at AUT University.
The programme offers a wide range of subjects, including English, Business Studies, Tertiary Study Skills, New Zealand Culture and Society, Accounting, Economics, Design, Drawing, History, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
The AUT University Certificate in Foundation Studies is delivered by ACG Norton College.
TERTIARY PROGRAMMES: From certificates to degrees, ACG offers a wide range of programmes for a skill-focused career or further study.
- ACG Yoobee School of Design: Graphic Design, Digital Media, Animation, Filmmaking, Game Art and 3D Graphics; Campuses in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch
- New Zealand Career College (NZCC): Health, Early Childhood Education and Applied Management; Three campuses in Auckland and one in Wellington
- NZMA: Hospitality, Cookery and Business; Two campuses in Auckland and one in Hamilton
- New Zealand School of Tourism: Travel, Tourism, Hotel Operations, Conferencing, Events Planning, Aviation and Flight Attending; Campuses in Auckland, Hamilton, Rotorua, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin
All ACG tertiary colleges are Category 1 providers – the highest possible ranking from NZQA (New Zealand Qualifications Authority) and together, they train over 5,000 students each year, delivering real skills for today’s professions.
With ACG, you gain valuable practical skills and highly respected qualifications. A dedicated careers team is on hand to help graduates launch their careers in New Zealand, ensuring their journey at ACG is not only a pathway to further education, but also a pathway to rewarding career.